Saturday, March 3, 2012

An Education

College.

That dreaded word that I ran from 10 years ago. I didn't want to go, I didn't think I needed to go. At the time, I had no clue what to go for. I didn't want to waste time and money, that I didn't have, trying to figure out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

So, I got a job.

Well, I got a few jobs. Waitress, retail, waitress again, cashier, then finally a well paying desk job. I despised them all. The biggest thing I hated about them - that I was making money for someone else. No matter how hard I worked, the bonus went to the boss.

It was the departure from my last job that made me decide I want to be a Professional Photographer. So here I am, taking pre-classes to prepare for classes in the fall. I never saw this coming, and it's a good thing!

First class assignment: Part A: Take a portrait of someone in natural light. Part B: Take a portrait of someone with a flash. Concentrate on the chest and up.

Part A:
Here's my Natural Light portrait of my stepdaughter. I have not decided which one I will submit yet. Feel free to comment.


Part B:
Flash Portrait. Pics coming soon. Flash photography has me puzzled!

No comments:

Post a Comment